EUROTUREC: Training of Multipliers | 13-19th May 2022
When: 13th (arrival) – 19th (departure) of May 2022
Where: Belvedere Marittimo, Italy (landing Airport Lamezia Terme or Naples)
What: Training of Multipliers in the field of volunteering
Whom: 20 participants from Europe (10 participants) and Turkey (10 participants)
Deadline to apply: 25th of April 2022.
This Training of Multipliers has been envisioned to build the capacity of staff members of Civil Society Organisations on the management and assessment of volunteers and to foster international networking, the creation of common future projects and train the staff on basic tools for international project cycle management.
Contents of the Training of Multipliers
The Training will last 6 days (arrival on 13/5/2022 and departure on 19/4/2022). The activities will be based on non formal education methodologies and will focus on:
- get to know each other,
- assessment of volunteers’ competences,
- use of the GloRe certification system,
- management of volunteers,
- funding opportunities for international projects (introduction to Erasmus+ and other EU funding opportunities),
- project management,
- future projects.
Participants are asked to try the GloRe certification System in their organisation before the training to provide feedback and contribute to the improvement and usability of the platform. For this reason all participants will be asked to participate to the GloRe Technical Training that will take place in May.
The Training is addressed to junior members (project assistants etc) or staff members needing further training on international projects of Civil Society Organisations active or very interested in international cooperation in the field of volunteering and non-formal education. Participants should be active on a daily basis in their organisation (not occasional volunteers).
Minimum level B1 of spoken English and B2 of English comprehension is required.
Tasks of the participants
- Prepare a short presentation of their own organisation in English,
- Personally participate in a 4-hrs Online Technical Training to learn how GloRe works. The 1st date available is 10.05.2022, more details here. You can apply to participate in this training even before your participation in the training is confirmed;
- Share at least 1 content about the GloRe project on the organisation’s social media channels.
The training will take place in Belvedere Marittimo (CS), in Calabria (South of Italy) at Agriturismo l’Arca (more details here). Participants will be staying in double rooms with private toilets.
Travel details will be agreed before the departure. We plan the whole group to land in one of the airports in Milan and then to take all together another flight to Lamezia, where participants will be picked up by bus.
Selection of participants
If you are interested and would like to participate to this study visit, fill out this form.
The deadline for applications is 25th of April 2022. Only the candidates with a profile in line with the call will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the position is filled up.
100% of the costs related to travel, accommodation, Visa, and Covid-19 tests will be covered by the Project. No participation or membership fee is required.
All participants might need to have the Covid Certificate, thus need to be vaccinated and/or to have been recovered from Covid over the last 6 months. The project will cover the costs for all the Covid tests needed. However, the final status and requirements will be clarified on a date closer to the study visit since Covid-19 related measures may change.
Brief Info About the Project, Certification Platform and the GloRe Network
The project: Euro-Turkish Civil Society Recognition (EUROTUREC)
“EUROTUREC” (ref num. CSD-VI/372) is supported by the EU Programme “Supporting Civil Society Dialogue Between EU and Turkey Grant Scheme (CSD-VI)”. The aim of the Program is to foster cooperation between the Turkish and European Civil Society.
EUROTUREC is the follow-up of GloCal Recognition (CSD-V/397) and it aims at fostering the recognition and establish long-term cooperation between Turkish and European CSOs.
The main concrete objectives are:
- reinforce partnerships and create concrete support to foster cooperation opportunities between Turkish and European CSOs;
- further development of certification-and-support tools for volunteers and CSOs’ staff;
- train organisations’ key members in volunteers’ management, networking and project development;
- increase the number of CSOs and of young people benefitting from the GloRe system and network;
- reinforce the network internal governance fostering a sense of belonging and reliability;
- boost the recognition of involved CSOs and the civil society ecosystem through activities of analysis, networking and dissemination.
The Certification platform
It is a certification platform that allows both international and local volunteers to receive a certificate with recognition of the soft skills they acquired while volunteering.
The latest version of the platform, launched in March 2021, enables users to get a certificate either in English, Turkish, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese. Volunteers have the possibility to go through 26 e-learning modules that help them in assessing their level in each soft skill (the ones certified by the platform) and in creating a short dossier about their learning. At the end of the process, the host organisation will validate the certificate, taking responsibility for approving the information on it. The platform is complementary to other certifications as Youthpass and is meant to provide volunteers with a flexible and reliable certificate while investing a few hours in it. The certificate is recognised internationally by the members of The GloRe Network international community and by several educational and public institutions.
The GloRe Network
The GloRe Network is the umbrella organisation that overviews the correct usage of the platform and the memberships. Organisations need to become members of it to be able to use the certificate platform. For more information visit this page.